CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

1000 Pins


A couple of months ago I started seeing the word Pinterest pop up on a scrapbooking message board that I visit every so often. I ignored those messages at first until I saw one that discussed what Pinterest was. I like to be in the know-how so I read up on it and visited a fellow scrapbooker's Pinterest boards. Wow! It didn't take me long to capture the vision and I wanted to join! The only problem was that you had to either request an invitiation from the Pinterest site or get a friend to invite you. I was lucky enough to get a fellow scrapbooker (stranger) to send me an invite.

Some of you may be wondering what Pinterest is all about. Pinterest is a virtual pinboard. A place for you to pin all the goodies you find on the web. You have boards which are your categories and then you can pin different links under the categories. It is such a nice way to visually organize all your bookmarks/pins. Friends and strangers can follow your boards and see what things are catching your interest. I am officially addicted!

Today I hit 1000 pins! The above picture is a screen shot of my Pinterest boards. Well at least some of them. To see all of the goodies I've pinned go HERE. You can tell a lot about a person by seeing what they pin. This is what I think my pins tell about me:

1. Yes I LOVE to scrapbook! I get a lot of my inspiration online.
2. Why a Dr. Seuss board besides the face that I'm a fan? Tom and I hope to one day have a Dr. Seuss themed nursery.
3. I love DIY home decor projects. Many of my pins are ideas for our future home if we ever get past the schooling phase of life.
4. I love to bake. So many yummy recipes online that are tempting me. So far I have made homemade twix bars, cake batter pancakes and Funfetti Sandwich Cookies. All recipes I stumbled upon via Pinterest.
5. I do not like to cook. Thus my Healthy Eats board is lacking in pins. I have made the Zucchini Fries and they are delicious! I really do need to cook more healthy meals.
6. I have always loved quotes. I have a couple of journals that I turned into quote books but they are disorganized and I hardly ever pull them out. Love that I can find a quote I heart and pin it. Plus they are more visually pleasing than my handwriting. :o)
7. I love to organize! I have come across some genius organization tips. One of my favorites is to take bread clips and us them as cord labels. Want to see a pic? Go HERE. I need to remember not to throw away my bread clips.
8. One of my goals for this year is to take better photographs and learn to use the manual mode on my camera. Haven't worked much on that but I am pinning photographs that inspire me. There are so many talented photographers out there. I'm envious!
9. I have a board titled sewing tutorials. That might lead you to believe that I sew. Well I don't. But there are so many cute patterns out there that I keep telling myself that maybe one day I will buy a sewing machine and maybe one day I will be a sewing pro. Maybe one day...
10. I'm overall a crafty person. I love to crochet, make cards, make gifts, etc.

So there you have it. Now I'm off to make a grocery list based off of all those healthy meals I've pinned.

3 comments:

Brittany said...

Wow! 1000 pins! You are schooling me! Do I ever get to win at anything? ;)

Thomas said...

It's so fun watching you pin and watching you get excited about pinning. It's sad that I have to be careful while watching you sometimes, but still it's fun. You've produced some wonderful concoctions from the pinning as well. Way to apply your new hobby!

Sandy said...

To Kill A Mocking Bird is right at the top of my reading list also. Atticus is my favorite Father figure in literature. I just reread Jane Eyre for the upteenth time. Never get tired of it.