CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A Zoo-rrific Anniversary

Tom and I decided to spend our anniversary at the zoo. It has been a little over a year since I have been and I think over two years since Tom has been. We had an awesome time! The weather was cooler and so many of the animals were out and about. Tom and I took our time walking through the whole zoo and snapping pictures.


The black bears are in love! They just sat there pawing each other and what looked like kissing. :)


The beavers were actually out swimming! It was our first time actually seeing them out and about. I'm sure the fact that they were just getting lunch had something to do with it.


It was awesome to watch this snake make it's way from somewhere up above down and around this branch. Snakes are amazing creatures even if they are a little scary.


He kept staring at everyone going by. Not sure if he wanted to take a bite out of us or not.


Wolves are one of my favorite animals so I always like to check them out. It was sad to find out that the last elk died of old age. The wolves now are free to run around where the elk used to be. Lucky for them though eventually this whole area will eventually be taken over by the elephants.


A highlight for Tom was getting a big bag of cotton candy. He did share with me. :)


The polar bears were getting some food too! They used their tongues to lick up the fish into their mouths. Boy do they eat a lot!


A highlight for me was that someone was willing to take a picture of the two of us. I'm actually taller than one of the bears! It is a miracle! ;)


We took a breather and sat and watched this beast. At one point he went to the surface of the water for some air and then went back down. All the kids loved it!

Tom and I ended our day together at Applebee's. We went all out with an appetizer, drinks, entrees and a dessert! Boy was I stuffed! Thanks Tom for a wonderful day and for the past six years of bliss!

4 comments:

Thomas said...

I'm taller than the black bear! You can't tell since I'm standing a little in front of the picture. It sure was a wonderful day!

Brittany said...

I am very dissapointed that you didn't bring me any cotton candy home. That is one of my three favorite foods! I have decided that if I ever get married I will have cotton candy at my wedding reception. :) Along with snow cones and bacon!!!

Rhonda said...

What a fun day!

Tanya said...

Happy Anniversary! Such fun pictures! I love the bear pic, priceless!