CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 17, 2011

It's Your Day

Last week was two-page sketch on Sketch Support. I just love working with the two-page sketches and I loved this one!


I followed this sketch exactly except that I did not use the heart embellishments. Love the hearts but they didn't work with my birthday theme. :)


"It's Your Day"
Supplies - Cardstock: Unknown; Patterned paper: BoBunny, Scenic Route; Floss: DMC; Border Punch: Fiskars; Letter Stickers: American Crafts, Making Memories; Pop Dots: EK Success

Bryce turned 5 this past June and invited Tom and I to his birthday party months in advance. As the day drew closer I wasn't sure if he would really care if we were there or not. I helped Paige with a few of the preparations while watching the kids and could tell that he had a fun dinosaur birthday planned.

Tom and I were planning on heading to WA before his party and Paige said we were welcome to come to his party but not to feel like we had to. Well I decided I should see what Bryce thought. I started to tell him that Tom and I were going to go visit my parents and thinking of leaving before his party. He immediately teared up and wanted to know if we would make it to his party. Needless to say we headed up to WA later than we planned. :)

Bryce had a very fun party with tons of friends to enjoy it with. We didn't interact a lot with Bryce but at least he knew we were there. We ended up helping out with Jos and making some of the other kids we knew there feel comfortable. Tom and I enjoy any chance we get to spend with such cute kids!

2 comments:

Thomas said...

This was a very fun event even though Ben kept telling us not to help out. Maybe he thought you were getting paid to be there. :) You did a great job of capturing some good pics and putting together an excellent layout!

Brittany said...

Love the color scheme!