CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 30, 2011

Forever & A Day


Earlier this month I participated in the 3 products / 2 ways challenge over on the My Mind's Eye blog. Jana Eubank and I had to use the same three products on our layouts along with anything else we wanted to use. I am the one who actually chose the three products so I guess it was more of a challenge for Jana than for me. Though I did have a hard time choosing three different products from three different collections that I wanted to use. :)

I have been wanting to scrapbook this photo of my grandparents for some time. I actually bought patterned paper that I wanted to use quite awhile ago but when I saw the Lost & Found 2 "Sunshine" collection I knew that it was the perfect match!

I have to say that this is probably one of my favorite layouts of all time. I had so much fun putting it together. When I scrapbook I don't think just about paper, adhesive, embellishments, etc. but what memories I want to preserve. The whole time I was working on this layout I was thinking about when my grandparents paid my parents a visit for two weeks and I joined in on the fun. This photo was taken by my dad during that visit.

Memories that came to mind while working on this layout:
  •  I was a little nervous about seeing my grandpa when we first picked up my grandparents from the airport. It was my first time to see him knowing that he wouldn't remember who I was. Grandpa came right up to me and gave me a great big hug. He had been told that I was family and that was good enough for him.
  • Grandpa and I playing cowboys and Indians. He would shoot me and I would fall to the floor. It always cracked him up. I ended up with a lot of bruises.
  • Watching the salmon jump up the falls. It was beautiful and amazing seeing some of the salmon trying over and over again until they made it.
  • Grandpa flirting with me all of the time. Ha ha ha!
  • Grandpa flirting with the cross country girls running through the park. He actually whistled at them.
  • Seeing my grandparents as much in love as ever. Even through all the trials that bad health and memory loss brings.
I am very blessed to have Grandpa & Grandma Shurtliff as grandparents. I will love them forever and a day.

4 comments:

Ariane said...

So sweet. I love the picture too. It was hard to see them this last summer with Grandpa so confused and asking if I knew David in Houston. We are lucky to have them as grandparents. They have taught me a lot especially about love and marriage.

Kathy said...

Oh, so sweet! What a great scrapbook page! And what special memories for you. Thanks for sharing.

Thomas said...

Beautiful Page. I love the golden feel you gave to it. It really does show the glory of those, and their clothes match the page too!

Brittany said...

cute page and fun memories